- Apply for Relocation permit
- Inspector will book inspection to inspect building
- A fee will be charged to applicant for mileage and time (if not within District)
- Fee is paid
- Inspector will draft letter going to council
- Council will approve or deny request
- If council approves, a building permit can be applied for
- Building Permit Process Starts
Building and/or Plumbing Permit Process:
- Apply for permit at municipal office. Pembina, Rhineland, Altona, Thompson permits apply at MSTW office.
- Pay building/plumbing permit fee
- Permit approval process starts.
- Residential = approx. 5-7 Business Days
- Commercial = approx. 7-12 Business Days
- Once permit is approved permit applicant will be contacted
Booking an inspection:
- Request an inspection 24 hours (8 working hours) in advance
- You have two options for requesting an inspection
- Call the MSTW office 204-822-6223
- On the MSTW website here
- Admin will confirm whether or not your requested time will work
A "Self Plumb" plumbing permit will be granted if the following requirements are met:
- You own a single family home
- You do or will live in that home
- The home does not have a secondary suite
- You will be doing the work yourself on your home -You are knowledgeable about this type of work.
- You will need to submit a isometric piping schematic of system showing pipe sizing, connection points and fitting type, backwater valve and cleanouts.
Refundable Deposit Explanation:
A refundable deposit is charged to ensure all work is completed to code and no inspections will be missed.
The Refundable Deposit will come back in full once occupancy/final inspection has been completed, considering no inspections were missed.
When an inspection seems to be missed, you will receive a phone call from an admin.
Permit Expiry Explanation:
Your permit will expiry 2 years after it was approved.
You may pay for a 1 year extension after the 2 years are up.
In total you have 3 years to complete a project, if this timeline isn’t met a permit will need to be reapplied for.
Penalty/Double Fee Explanation:
If a person starts work prior to receiving their approved permit double the permit fee will be charged.
If the permit hasn’t been applied for double the permit fee will be charged.